Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Best Practices in Organ & Tissue Donation: Seton Healthcare Family
Thursday, August 30, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
Open to Seton Healthcare Family staff in Critical Care, ER, OR, Respiratory Therapy, Pastoral Care, Social Worker, Transplant and Administration
TOSA WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss the critical shortage of organs available for transplant
- Discuss CMS & Joint Commission Standards and HRSA Community of Practice Goals related to organ donation
- Discuss the potential for organ and tissue donation in your hospital
- Describe the role of the hospital staff in the donation process
- Discuss First Person Consent and the different methods for approaching families about donation
- Describe donor management and recovery procedures and processes
6.5 contact hours for FREE!
Breakfast & Lunch Provided! Please park on 3rd Floor or above in the parking garage and do not park in RESERVED spaces or your car will likely be towed. Thank you!
*You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration. If you do not receive this e-mail please check your junk mail box and add the eventbrite domain to your list of allowed addresses. We occasionally send updates regarding class info/changes and don't want you to miss anything important!
When & Where
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
The Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA) is one of only 58 non-profit 501(c)(3), independent, federally-designated Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) in the United States dedicated to educating and providing organ donation and recovery services to families wishing to donate and to those waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. Founded in 1975, TOSA serves 56 counties in South and Central Texas.
Contact: Jody Gibson
Office Direct 512.342.8017